Then on Sunday I did some Negative Gardening (the destructive cutting-down sort - great fun) and Andrew helped me move some bits of old rubbish to the bins, then we went for a walk in Hermitage of Braid.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Eclipse Weekend
I went to a party on Saturday night - luckily with good windows towards the moon and so we all kept ducking into the kitchen and the bedroom to take a look at the Moon Being Eaten By The Earth.
Then on Sunday I did some Negative Gardening (the destructive cutting-down sort - great fun) and Andrew helped me move some bits of old rubbish to the bins, then we went for a walk in Hermitage of Braid.
Then on Sunday I did some Negative Gardening (the destructive cutting-down sort - great fun) and Andrew helped me move some bits of old rubbish to the bins, then we went for a walk in Hermitage of Braid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I'm afraid I couldn't stay up and watch the eclipse. S did and D-R lay in bed watching. R gave up about half way through.
We watched the start with Isaac (when it was just a bit fuzzy at the bottom) but he was not impressed and went off to bed which was just as well really.
I remember an eclipse circa 1975 at Kimpton - does Janet?
Lunar or solar? There's certainly been quite a good solar eclipse since we've been in Brum. The dappled patches under the beech tree all went crescent shaped. As R was very little, I decided the safest way to watch it was by looking at reflection in a bowl of water. 2 children from 2 doors down joined us as it was easier to see than squinting through smoked glass.
we saw a bit of the Solar eclipse a few years ago, way up north here. I think we might have had better weather than the people in Cornwall who were in the zone of totality. I remember how very cold it got and how the birds stopped singing.
This was a lunar one
Post a Comment