Monday, August 31, 2009

Low posting frequency

I seemed to have not posted much on here recently. Well I've been moderately busy this month as follows:

Tris & Jackie - went to see The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) and Cardinal Burns (standup), plus the Junior Hortons in the Bourneville Young Singers.

Weekend at EPW (see the other blog for photos)

Kit and the Widow with Andrew, Jonathan and Alison

RTO concert in the Fringe (sold out, of course, and well received, but not such a good menu as other concerts, I think).

On the Razzle (Andrew's mother's brother's wife's grandson was the Technical Director for a Repton School performance at the Fringe)

The News Revue (30 year anniversary) with Katie, James and Julia

Brocante Sonore (tr. Jangly Jumble) with Katie, James, Julia and Sue

Andrew's been busy on the final approach to landing his MSc dissertation so he's mostly been MIA. He should hopefully emerge on Friday, no doubt to crash exhausted for a few days until he repays his sleep debt.

7 comments:

Cecilia said...

Jangly Jumble is better than my Jungle Sounds or Jungle Music. Is that your translation or their official one?

Livia said...

That's my translation. :D

Cecilia said...

I meant to say Jumble of course. Which is what I originally suggested. Though one is meant to HEAR Jungle as well.

Janet said...

iGoogle gives "flea sound".

Cecilia said...

Which is ridiculous. Flea is puce. isn't it?

Janet said...

Mais bien sur! But it translates brocante as "flea market"! All of the following for sonore-
1.resonant
2.sonorous
3.sonant
4.soniferous
5.acoustic
6.echoing
7.resounding
8.loud
9.ringing
10.ringed
11.rotund
12.tall
13.swelling
14.round
15.orotund
16.sound

So "loud flea market".

Esther said...

let's hear it for the Acoustic Fleas