Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Headrests

My car doesn't have rear headrests (never did). So I have engaged a local scrapyard to procure them. They sent a pair to my local garage whilst I was away (£12 each, good price) but they told me that they were black (car interior is grey) so I decided to be innovative and procure some pretty fabric to make covers for the headrests to make them individual and awesome.

So I went to Ikea and bought a couple of metres of this: Annamoa which I think is just amazing. I can't wait to try to work out which bits of the pattern will make the best foci of attention for the headrests.

(slight fly in the ointment - the headrests they sent don't have the right attachment - I have a gap for a single pole support and these have two... I'm hoping that they just sent the front ones by mistake and can switch for the rear ones, or I'll have to look again).

No comments: