I failed to get a photo of the Windsor Lad (sorry) - but it's literally right beside the office (I could actually see it from the training room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holidays, walks, family (mostly Aunts), friends, cycling and other miscellanea.
12 comments:
Thank you very much. It is Clewer, not Clure. The house in St Andrews Crescent is quite unlike what I remembered, partly because it is so covered with creepers, and the plants have grown up so much in the front garden. I don't recognise any of the other lictures of the road, except the one with the bend in the road and the big tree. Those late 40s and early 50s houses have aged rather badly, I think.
What is the Windsor Lad- is it a type of soup?
You've obviously never been in a car with Cecilia playing the Pub Legs game. Or not recently... She uses the Windsor Lad as an illustrative example of why you have to look at the sign, or even better know the local history of the area you are travelling through. The Windsor Lad is not a Lad, but a racehorse and hence has 4 legs not 2.
I'm not totally sure about this but I can only actually remember being in a car with Cecilia about 3 times- 2 of which were west coast and back where i was more worried about holding my lunch down than checking pub signs.
Finally been able to look at pictures. Work system no longer lets me look at blogs and home computer- it takes for ever and the computer falls over. The actual dates of the gravestone would be useful for records.
Mary Parsons was, of course, married twice and was predeceased by both husbands. It would be interesting to find out her maiden name. Her birthplace varies from census to census and she is variously listed as having been born in Ireland, Nova Scotia and Ross-0n-Wye. My money is actually on Ross, but it's just a feeling.
I'm at Uni in case you're wondering how I can view on this occasion.
Get Broadband! Get Broadband!
Apparently, if D-R goes to Shireland the school provides her with a laptop and us with broadband; so we're hanging on for that. We'll probably find it's means tested; but who knows?
Work computer is letting me play toady; so I don't know what it was about last week.
Do you want this Windsor Lad?
http://www.ramsterweddings.co.uk/photogallery/photo00000041/thumbnail2C3.JPG
This one?
http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/lner/catesbytunnel/gcct4ath.jpg
Or this one?
http://www.tbheritage.com/HistoricDams/EngFoundationMares/Family19/WindsorLad.jpg
Oh, it's chopped off the website addresses. One's a horse (as expected), the others are a rhododendron and a loco.
Shireland's sounding better and better.
My work computer is also letting me in to blogspot again this week - I think there must have been something odd going on generally last week.
Post a Comment