Cam went to school today and Max and I went to the Getty centre first. You park at the bottom of the hill and them get a driverless tram up the hill to the centre. We didn't cover all the galleries but we did see Spring (Triumphal procession from Granny and Grandpa's) which was nice.
We had lunch in the cafe, with a lovely shady spot under a loggia, and after lunch we picked up a couple of tickets for the Getty villa (you have to pre-book, which I didn't know in advance so it was good we went to the centre first).
The villa is on a hillside in Malibu - not much in the way of views because of all the trees, but a nice calm setting. The herb garden smelled lovely. There was an exhibition of the Cyrus cylinder and of Tiberius, and I found a statue of Livia, which pleased me.
In the evening we picked Cam up and then fed her meatballs and spaghetti.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment